Monday and Wednesday 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Tuesday and Thursdays 5:45 pm – 7:00 pm
Cost $15.00 for drop in.
$88.00 for a package of 8 classes .
$52.00 for a 4 class package.
Packages roll over from month to month.
Class size 10-12 people
Sign up Below to hold your spot!
We do have a 24 hr cancelation policy.
General yoga class protocol:
- Please allow 5-10 minutes before class to starts to gather props and mentally / physically prepare for class.
- Please let the instructor know of any health concerns for modifications. If you’re unsure, please consult with your health care provider.
- If possible, please bring your own yoga mat.
- Please turn off all cell phones.
- Eat at least 1 ½ hours before taking class. Meals should be light and easy to digest. If students need a snack before class, perhaps it could be fruit, tea or a nutrition bar.
- You may replenish with a water bottle during and after class.
- Please neatly put away all props and leave yoga space as good as or better than we found it.
Essence of YogaFit
- Listening to the Body
- Letting Go of Competition
- Letting Go of Judgment
- Letting Go of Expectations
- Staying in the Present Moment
YogaFit Seven Principles of Alignment
- Establishing Base and Dynamic Tension
- Creating Core Stability
- Aligning the Spine
- Softening and Aligning the Knees
- Relaxing Shoulders Back and Down
- Hinging at the Hips
- Shortening the Lever Length
Common Questions and Answers about Yoga
1. What is the age limit to start Yoga?
From the age of 5 to 80 is the right age to practice Yoga. Any age is suitable to begin Yoga. The Yoga exercises will be followed depending their age.
2. Do I have to be fit to join a Yoga class?
Not at all! However, it’s important to keep in mind your personal health issues.
Inform your teacher about them, so that you can get alternatives to the poses that are being performed and you don’t injure yourself.
As I have said before, it’s not ok to feel pain, so listen to your body. Yoga entails body awareness; therefore, you will be more sensitive to anything that happens and will be able to easily recognize if something is not right for you.
3. Do I have to be lean, flexible and strong?
The answer is no! Yogis are the most tolerant, patient and compassionate people I have encountered. No one will give you a second glance; everyone will be immersed in their own practice! You will usually not even find that there are mirrors! You can do it with your eyes closed! This is what most people actually do, although you may have to keep your eyes opened at the beginning to watch the teacher and other students perform the poses, so that you can become familiar with them.
Yoga is a scientific system that improves your blood circulation and tones up your digestive and endocrine systems; it also provides more oxygen to your body. Benefits of Yoga are not a miracle. Even spending 20 minutes to practice Yoga can make a tremendous change to your body and life.
Some of the benefits of Yoga are:
- A healthy body
- It increases flexibility in your body.
- It tunes up your metabolism.
- It gives you a feeling of well-being which is not attainable with any other exercise.
- It works like magic as it enables the body to realize its full potential in terms of good health.
- It allows you to derive maximum nutritious value from the food you eat.
- Yoga stimulates your body and provides natural immunity against diseases.
- Both proper breathing and relaxation result in deeper, more beneficial sleep and a general sense of restfulness and well-being.
- Yoga brings harmony to your thoughts and actions.
- It gives you power to re-fresh and relax your nerves and calm your mind.
- Constant practice of Yoga can bring peace and everlasting happiness to your life.
- Yoga teaches patience.
- Excellent physical health enables you to take on a more relaxed approach to your emotional problems.
- Learn to live without tensions; you discover your own optimum potential.
- Students of Yoga have control of their thoughts instead of being controlled by them.